Saturday 26th September 2020

You're not currently logged in.

Ten reasons to register!

How to open a Junior ISA

If your child is under 16, someone with parental responsibility must open the Junior ISA for them. However grandparents, friends and relatives can contribute to the Junior ISA at any time. 

Children aged 16 to 18 can open their own Junior ISA. But someone with parental responsibility could still open the account for them.
The Junior ISA will be in your child's name, but the person who opens the account is responsible for managing it. They are called the 'Registered Contact'. All paperwork related to the Junior ISA will be sent to the Registered Contact and they are the only one who can change the account or the provider it is invested with. 
You can change to a different type of Junior ISA or to a different provider at any time. You can also change the Registered Contact to someone else with parental responsibility at any time.
Find out more about opening an F&C Junior ISA.

The value of investments and any income from them is not guaranteed, and you may get back less than you invested.
View other relevant articles here, giving more information on Junior ISAs and Budgeting.
More Information on F&C or F&C Website.