Design an MP's Portrait Competition
When the team at iChild heard that MPs were spending thousands of pounds on their portraits, we challenged the children of the UK to help us out. Can the children save the UK money and design a portrait of their local politician for less than £22,000?!
We also have a challenge for MPs and politicians with children. Why not ask your children to paint your portrait and take part?! We would love to see their work, and just think how much money you will save!
We have teamed up with our friends at Moshi Monsters in this fun design competition.
The top prize is a fantastic full tour of Moshi Monster’s HQ, where the winner will come away with lots of Moshi goodies.
Plus, runners up will receive a great Moshi goody bag.
The competition is open to all UK children aged 16 and under and the closing date for entries is 5pm Monday 3rd February. See below for full terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date to enter the MPs Portrait Competition is: 5pm on Monday 3rd February 2014.
- The Promoters reserve the right to use all images in all forms of publicity.
- All entries must be submitted by this date and time. Entries received after this date and time will not be accepted.
- The competition is open to those aged 16 and under only.
- Entrants must be residents of the UK.
- To enter the competition, you must download the entry form above, draw your portrait of an MP and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
- Judges will select the winner and runners up of the competition and they will be revealed by Friday 4th April 2014.
- The winner’s prize is a trip to Moshi Monster’s HQ for a full tour and a selection of Moshi goodies. Travel expenses are not included. Plus runners up will receive a Moshi goody bag
The judges’ decision on the winners is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
The prizes are not transferable and there is no cash alternative. Prizes may change subject to availability.
The Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prizes with a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
The winners' names will be made available after 4th April 2014 by emailing email@example.com.
Promoter: Family & Education Marketing Limited (trading as iChild), 10-14 Accommodation Road, Golders Green, London NW11 8ED.
We are pleased to announce that the winner of the MP Portrait Competition is:
- Nona McIntosh, aged 8!
And congratulations to the following runners up!
- Abbie Goate, aged 11
- Aiden Campion, aged 9
- Charlie Bowen, aged 10
- Isaac Walton, aged 8
- Fred Elvis, aged 5
- Denise Rissa, aged 9
- Josh, aged 13
- Amelia Hounam-Brooker, aged 7
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Adults, please register your interest if you intend to enter a child's design into the competition by filling out your details on the competition registration form.
2) Simply download and print out the entry drawing template here for your child.
3) Your child should design a portrait of their chosen politician within the gold frame of the template (shown here).
4) Please then scan or photograph a close-up of the design (to include the gold picture frame) and email back to us as a jpeg or png image file. Please ensure the image is no bigger than 2MB.
5) Email the image to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, age and town of the child, plus a short sentence on why they chose that politician to paint.
6) You may also choose to email a picture of the young artist holding their masterpiece!
7) Please ensure the email and images are sent by an adult. Images submitted may be used for publicity online or in print.
8) For this competition entries MUST be emailed please and not posted.
9) Entries must be received by 5pm on Monday 3rd February 2014 at the latest.
We will then select some entries to appear in our PORTRAIT GALLERY HERE