Royal Mail's Christmas Stamp Design Competition Education Resources
Royal Mail's Christmas Stamp Design Competition education resources support the amazing national art competition for children aged 4-11 years to design stamps for Christmas 2013.
- From Idea to Post Box- Red resources; These activities focus on the the process involved in producing a stamp, from the design stage to when they go on general sale.
- Special Stamps- Gold resources; These activities focus on the various Special Stamps produced throughout the year, to capture, commemorate and celebrate the nation's events and passions.
- 1966 and 1981- Green resources; These activities focus on historial facts in 1966 and 1981 (the only two previous years that children have designed Christmas stamps).
- Letter Writing- Blue resources;These activities focus on letter writing techniques and asking the children to write a letter describing their dream job.
- Collect the Stamps!- Purple resources; These activities focus on creating instruction cards and counters, and then playing a fun board game. The children can research various famous people that have appeared on stamps and the aim is to collect these famous people stamp cards on the way round the board!
You can find full competition information (including the important competition guidelines and t&c's) on our dedicated Royal Mail competition page here.