Royal Mail’s Sporting Dreams Education Resources
Royal Mail's Sporting Dreams education resources support the new personalised “Future Gold Medal Winner” stamps, where by your child can create their own “Future Gold Medal Winner” photo stamps using the Royal Mail Smilers app!
The resources are separated into different ages and abilities from Early Years, through to Primary and Secondary school age, and are colour coordinated as per the following:-
- I have a dream- Red resources; These activities focus on the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games, and the achievements of the athletes. What is your child's dream, and how might they be able to achieve it?
- I did it my way- Blue resources; These activities focus on achievement in a historical sense, for example from older relatives.
- Stamping my mark- Gold resources; These activities focus on your child designing their own “Future Gold Medal Winner” photo stamp. Using the Royal Mail Smilers app, stamp designs can be downloaded for free, or sets of 10 1st Class Stamps bought for £9.99 (plus £1.45 p&p).
- Your dreams- Purple resources;These activities focus on drawing and writing a cartoon strip based story on the children achieving their sporting dream.
- Achieve your dream- Green resources; These activities focus on creating instruction cards and counters, and then playing a fun board game. The end goal is to achieve a sporting dream and be awarded with a gold medal!