The Developmental Milestones Tracker has been developed by the team of professionals from Do-IT Solutions, which was founded by Professor Amanda Kirby and Dr Ian Smythe.
Professor Kirby is a qualified GP, who has worked for many years with children, adolescents and adults with learning difficulties and disabilities. Her interest arose as a parent of a child who has ADHD, Dyslexia and Developmental Coordination Disorder (also known as Dyspraxia). She launched an internationally recognized clinical and research centre in the UK. She has a valuable perspective being a parent, researcher and clinician and brings more than 25 years' experience.
Dr Smythe is an educational consultant, specialising in literacy and assessment, who has written widely on dyslexia and technology.
The Child Developmental Milestones Tracker is more than just a list of developmental milestones:
• It tracks your child’s learning and behavioural development (from six months up to six years).
• Provides instant, in-depth personalised and expert guidance, tips and resources to maximise your child’s potential.
• Alerts you if there are any potential delays.
The tracker will ask you a series of questions for each child, which takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on your child’s progress.
If they are not achieving some of the milestones, you will be asked further questions to find out what stage they are at, so the time may vary from child to child. The questions are based on expected milestones in the following areas:
• Emotional well being and attachment
• Social skills, sharing, play and friendship skills
• Language and communication - understanding and speaking
• Physical/personal independence skills
• Fine and gross motor skills, balance and general coordination
• Thinking and problem-solving skills