You have reached the maximum number of 30 activities in your Toy Box. You will need to clear your Toy Box or remove activities before you can add more.
Makaton Activities for children
Today over 100,000 children and adults, use Makaton symbols and signs, either as their main method of communication or as a way to support speech.
Makaton is a language programme using signs and symbols to help people communicate. It is designed to support spoken language and the signs and symbols are used with speech in spoken word order.
With Makaton, children and adults can communicate straight away using the signs and symbols. Many people then drop the signs or symbols naturally at their own pace, as they develop speech.
Makaton can be used to:
- Share though, choices and emotions
- Label real objects, pictures, photos and places
- Take part in games and songs
- Listen to, read and tell stories
- Create recipes, menus, shopping lists
- Write letters and messages
- Help people find their way around buildings
For more information visit www.makaton.org